Saturday, 29 December 2007
Obligatory 'purpose of this blog' blog post
I'm a sixth-form psychology teacher interested in becoming an educational psychologist. Hopefully writing in this blog will act as a spur to read around on the relevant issues - educational, psychological, critical - and therefore become more knowledgeable. This is very important as I am quite aware that many psychology teachers aim to become educational psychologists simply to escape teaching - "I guess I can do that sort of stuff, it's about helping dyslexics isn't it?" This is, in my eyes, comparable to a Lego enthusiast launching happily into an architecture course as if it will all be quite easily assimilated. To avoid this pitfall I will learn and express my learning in a series of pointlessly opinionated blog-posts that won't even seem convincing to me in a month's time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment